"Livecoding a RESTful
The RESTful API server videos are a tremendous value and I'm learning a lot... Just wanted to say thanks for putting the course together, it is truly outstanding.Rich LaMarche, Senior IT Specialist, Connecticut
Thank you for the book and video series! It has really helped me grasp some advanced concepts that I felt were beyond my abilities.Nick S., Colorado, USA
I really enjoyed your Livecoding video series :) I definitely picked up some really cool tricks, and I'm sure I will reference them many times in the future. It was great to see actual development and some tricks of the trade.Kristian Lamb, Oklahoma, USA
Some of the most critical real-world skills for developing software are never covered in any book. And for good reason: the most important details can be so subtle, you can't really understand them unless you are watching them being demonstrated, with live coding, right in front of your eyes.
That's why I made Live-coding a RESTful API Server in Python, a truly extensive video set. With over 3.5 hours of video, there is quite literally nothing like it:
- We build a fully functional, realistic, web service that speaks JSON over HTTP.
- Starting from scratch, with literally no code whatsoever.
- Development proceeds exactly like it would on a real-world engineering team, using version control and test-driven development.
- Each step of the way, I'm continually narrating what I am doing, and why - explaining what design decisions I'm making, what the trade-offs are, and pointing out alternate, equally valid choices I might have made.
- You'll see me make mistakes, introduce bugs... then witness exactly how I deal with them, before moving on to the next task. Again, just like real development.
- You will see how the code, architecture, and file organization naturally evolves - refactoring as I go along, as the need for it naturally and organically emerges during the building of the application.
- You'll see me demonstrate carefully coding for readability, maintainability, and robustness... writing something that would pass even a stringent code review.
- Key relevant topics in the Powerful Python book are pointed out as we go along, so you can focus your learning on areas most important to you personally.
- I've also uploaded the entire code repository for you to conveniently clone, if you wish, so you can dial in to any commit and follow along. (The commit for the start of each video is conveniently tagged, letting you easily jump around in the code history.)
- You can immediately stream each video - often the most convenient option. And you're also free to download high-quality, 720p MP4 video files, making it easy to watch the complete set on a plane or train.
Since so much is covered in the full video set, you won't be able to digest it all in one sitting; the total running time is over three and a half hours. So I have broken up and organized the entire application development process into ten manageable segments, which you can watch at your own pace. You'll want to watch and re-watch each segment multiple times to fully digest all the lessons demonstrated.
Zero Risk "Money-Back" Guarantee
It's important to me that you are not just completely satisfied, but absolutely delighted with the value you receive from studying the livecoding video series. The only thing that matters is that you are more than happy with the result... that you feel your hard-earned money - and even more valuable time - are well invested.
While I can't give you back your time, I can and will happily refund a full 100% of your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied, delighted, and supremely happy with the value you've gained. Take all the time you need over 30 days to study these videos, and put what you learn into practice. If it didn't live up to this standard for you, simply contact customer service within this period to get your immediate, no-hassle refund.
Livecoding Videos: Building a
RESTful API Server
Instant digital access.
Hours of exclusive video.
Access to full final source.
And a zero-risk guarantee.
Full Livecoding Video Contents
1. The Game Plan
2. Development Set-up
3. The First Endpoint
4. Creating & Fetching A Task
5. Batches of Tasks
6. Application Structure: Refactoring & Organizing
7. Using the Database
8. Fleshing out the API
9. A Tiny Huge Detail