The Landmark Course To Catapult Your Mastery Developing With Python
There are MANY courses, books and videos that teach programming in Python. Here's the catch: almost every last one is for people new to programming, new to Python, or both.
That doesn't help you at all. As someone past those basics, how do you advance to the intermediate level and beyond? To achieve your next level of mastery, effectiveness, and skill using Python in your day-to-day work.
This extensive, detailed, exceedingly practical course starts where the typical Python book or video leaves off. There is literally nothing like it anywhere:
- Nearly three full hours of potently packed, information-rich, professionally edited video, dense with uncommon wisdom and immediately applicable advice, ready for you to put into practice right away
- Detailed, highly realistic code examples. Dozens and dozens of them, filling each video to the brim... lavishly illustrating key insights and crushingly valuable ideas, and how to apply them to realistic code situations. Very little "toy code"
- An unrelenting and bombastically enthusiastic focus on practical software development considerations... with everything geared toward making you immediately and permanently more effective at real-world coding in Python
- Carefully crafted, staggeringly well tested, perfectly challenging coding exercises to deeply ingrain the most important aspects of what you learn... with full detailed solutions. (More on the "staggeringly well tested" part later)
- Watch the high-quality videos directly in any web browser. Or you can download your videos as MP4 files, to learn on a train or on a plane.
Extremely Important Note
Breakthrough Python is NOT a beginner course. Before you buy today, you ought to have experience writing real-world software, and posses an "advanced beginner" knowledge of the Python language. In particular:
- You can already fluently write functions in Python.
- You're comfortable working with lists, dictionaries, and Python's other key data structures. And
- You can write simple classes and methods in Python, and have at least a basic understanding of object-oriented concepts - like encapsulation and inheritance.
This course is completely unique in that it does NOT hold your hand with the basics of the language. I assume you are a resourceful developer, able to use a web browser to quickly teach yourself the fundamentals of any new language you desire. For someone not able to learn the basics (from the many Python tutorials around the web), there are plenty of other courses available which will help. Breakthrough Python is different, and begins where those other introductory courses stop... powerfully and efficiently taking you to your next level, with enlightening insights and compelling new skills that will serve you for years and years.
Some of the topics covered in this extensive course:
- A complete, rivetingly thorough, and supremely sophisticated coverage of Python generators... and how they are critical tools for writing highly scalable software in Python
- Leveraging generators as a powerful tool for encapsulation and code organization... and understanding the crucially important generator design patterns nearly no one ever talks about
- A thorough and precise treatment of Python's iterator protocol... how it underlies everything from generator objects to the humble "for" loop... giving you an understanding that makes certain frustrating and baffling bugs obvious and easy to fix
- Making your code far more readable, expressive, and maintainable using comprehensions, including list comprehensions and the other, less-well-understood forms. (This includes the surprising cognitive benefits that help you so much when working through complex code situations)
- How comprehensions tie back to generators
- Mastering Python's advanced collections... their strengths and advantages, where and how to use them most effectively. (I'm not talking about lists and dicts... you should understand those fairly well already)
- A concise, rapid-fire, yet surprisingly complete review of the syntax for Python's object system... reviewing everything necessary to understand the more advanced OOP in the course, and likely teaching even experienced Python developers new features of Python's object system. (Not an intro to fundamental OOP concepts... again, it's assumed you already have that, from Python or some other language.)
- An extensive treatment of how properties work in Python... with realistic code examples demonstrating how they underly some pricelessly important design patterns you can adopt right away
- How Python's take on properties enables some invaluable refactoring patterns
- A substantial examination of how Object-Oriented Design Patterns work in Python... how the different feature set of the Python language - compared to Java, C#, etc. - means these patterns tend to work differently than what's represented in most design pattern books. Specifically:
- A full and exhaustive discourse on the Observer pattern in Python... how you create the basic observer pattern in Python code... then jumping right in to advanced, uniquely Pythonic extensions to the standard pattern... letting you elegantly solve some tricky (yet realistic) code problems without the gymnastics Java and C++ force you to tumble through
- How the Factory Pattern works in Python... and the uncommon language feature Python provides that greatly improves on how it works in most other languages
- A focus on recent versions of Python 3, AND complete and total support for Python 2.7. Yes, you read that right. No matter what version of modern Python you currently use, Breakthrough Python prepares you for the present and future of Python.
- You even get two sets of the coding exercises AND their complete and comprehensive solutions - one set for Python 2.7, and another for Python 3! Learn by coding in whichever version you prefer.
And Much More.
I know you're starting to realize this is unlike any other course that's ever been created. When designing the curriculum, I asked myself: once someone knows Python's basics, what aspects and features of Python are most important for a Python developer to learn next. That are the very best use of your learning time and energy. That's Breakthrough Python. Every single moment of each video is solidly grounded in real-world software engineering needs and practice, even to the point of giving you advice on how to work harmoniously with your fellow developers on the same code base.
Let me tell you why I think this is all so important. I'm Aaron Maxwell, a software engineer, and - more recently - author of the book Powerful Python. In my career, I've been blessed to work with some truly outstanding engineers, in many different domains... web development (where I started), machine learning, devops, and more. After working over a decade on different engineering teams, using Python and other languages, I realized there was a lack of quality instruction for intermediate and advanced Python development... and decided to do something about it.
Staggeringly Well Tested
What I did next was very interesting. Over the next two years, I started flying out to different companies in all sorts of different industries... teaching intensive, week-long workshops in advanced Python programming to rooms filled with their engineers. In these face-to-face workshops, I got real-time feedback in what was most impactfully valuable and effective that allowed professional software developers to "hit the ground running" and immediately apply in the Python applications they were working on right then.
And the benefit to you is this: Breakthrough Python is staggeringly well tested. It's been not just tested, but refined, revised, improved, re- and re-re-tested in face-to-face trainings on many hundreds of Python developers in the workforce, where I was able to get direct feedback on what was massively valuable... and what was not as worthwhile, and thus ruthlessly and unceremoniously cut from the course. Not just in the lecture material, but in the extensive coding exercises you are guided through in Breakthrough Python, which really install those massively practical and immensely important tools, techniques, patterns and insights you need to be vastly more effective in Python right away.
In fact, once I got tired of living out of hotels and switched to doing online trainings, I was able to further refine this material to an even greater, massively international audience of developers using Python... to the point where the material in Breakthrough Python has been tested with well over ONE THOUSAND Python developers around the PLANET. Letting you feel exceedingly confident in the great value you're about to get from this course.
Zero Risk "Money-Back" Guarantee
That remarkably uncommon degree of rigorous testing and repeated refinement lets me make you a promise. You see, I understand that you're busy. You have a choice, in fact too much choice, in how you invest your time and energy in improving your mastery of your craft. Not to mention getting a great value from your investment of hard-earned money. So it matters that you are more than happy with the result... that you feel your money, and even more pricelessly valuable time, are extremely well invested.
While I can't give you back your time, I can and will happily refund a full 100% of your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied, delighted, and in fact supremely happy with the value you've gained. Take all the time you need over 45 days to study these videos, do the coding exercises, dive into the additional course materials, and put what you learn into practice. If it's not obvious by then that Breakthrough Python is a remarkably valuable course for permanently catapulting your skill writing software in Python, simply contact customer service within this period to get your immediate, no-hassle refund.
Immediate digital access.
Hours of exclusive video.
Extensive, Detailed Programming Exercises.
And a zero-risk guarantee.